This document specifies the functionality of the SRAM memory controller. The SRAM controller is a module that is a peripheral on the chip interconnect bus, and thus follows the Comportability Specification.
The SRAM controller contains the SRAM data and address scrambling device and provides CSRs for requesting the scrambling keys and triggering the hardware initialization feature.
- Lightweight scrambling mechanism based on the PRINCE cipher.
- Key request logic for the lightweight memory and address scrambling device.
- Alert sender and checking logic for detecting bus integrity failures.
- LFSR-based memory initialization feature.
- Access controls to allow / disallow code execution from SRAM.
- Security hardening when integrity error has been detected.