This document specifies the RISC-V Debug System wrapper functionality.
The debug system follows the execution-based debug approach described in the RISC-V Debug Specification 0.13.2 and provides the following features.
- JTAG Test Access Port (TAP)
- Run-control debug features (in cooperation with the CPU core), including breakpoints, single-stepping through code, and reading core registers
- System Bus Access (SBA): Access to arbitrary bus-attached peripherals through JTAG
- Compatible with RISC-V Debug Specification 0.13-compliant debug software, including OpenOCD and GDB
- TileLink Uncached Light (TL-UL) bus interfaces
This module provides a RISC-V Debug Specification-compliant debug system with TileLink Uncached Light bus interfaces. The main functionality is provided by the PULP RISC-V Debug System, which is instantiated by this module. All bus interfaces are converted into TL-UL.
See the PULP RISC-V Debug System Documentation for a full list of features and further design documentation. This document only describes the additional logic provided on top of the PULP RISC-V Debug System.
The debug system is compliant with the RISC-V Debug Specification 0.13.2.